1.The Lesotho Legal Information Institute (LesLII) maintains this website to enhance free public access to legal information from Lesotho. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
This information is:
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which LesLII has no control and for which LesLII assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
2. LesLII, members of its staff and its contractors shall not be liable for any financial or other consequences whatsoever arising from the use of information or data contained on this site, including the inappropriate, improper or fraudulent use of such information or data.
3. LesLII does not invite reliance upon, nor accept responsibility for, the information it provides. LesLII makes every effort to provide a high quality service. However, neither LesLII, nor the providers of data on LesLII, give any guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or up-to-date nature of the information provided. Users should confirm information from another source if it is of sufficient importance for them to do so.
4. Hypertext links on LesLII are (in most cases) inserted by LesLII, not by the data providers. Automated insertion of hypertext links on LesLII means that links will not be comprehensive or accurate in all cases. Neither LesLII nor its providers of data, give any guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning hypertext linking.
1. LesLII reserves the intellectual property rights pertaining to the LesLII website graphic, and navigation and search tool design.
2. Subject to the following paragraph and the stated conditions pertaining to prohibited use, legal materials published on the LesLII website, such as legislation, regulations and decisions, including editorial enhancements inserted into the documents by LesLII, such as hyperlinks and information in headers and footers, can be copied, printed and distributed by Users free of charge and without any other authorization from LesLII, provided that LesLII is identified as the source of the document.
3. Use of legal materials published by LesLII can be subject to additional conditions set by courts and government bodies claiming intellectual property rights relating to the documents. LesLII makes an effort to indicate the existence of additional conditions on the pages of the relevant databases, but Users remain responsible for checking whether their use of the documents is authorized.
A. Information concerning usage of LesLII
A2. LesLII does not disclose or publish information which identifies individual machines, or potentially identifying sub-groupings of addresses, without consent. LesLII does publish aggregated information about usage patterns.
A3. LesLII reserves the right to gather more extensive information that stated above (i) about any attempted access to LesLII which raise security issues (and, where necessary, to make disclosures to relevent authorities); and (ii) for network analyses on an occasional basis.
B. Personal information contained in LesLII databases
B1. LesLII publishes comprehensive collections of court decisions with the consent of the public bodies concerned. The electronic dissemination of judgments is in concordance with the open court principle, instituted to ensure the impartiality and transparency of the judicial process by allowing access to the record of judicial proceedings, including judgments. Therefore, LesLII operates on the core principle that all citizens and organizations should be provided with free, unconditional and unrestricted access to basic legal materials.
B2. Some LesLII databases contain personal information included in the decisions of Courts and Tribunals. LesLII publishes these databases with the consent of the public bodies concerned.
LesLII undertakes to monitor and delete from published judgments personal information as directed by law or a specific court order. LesLII retains the right to remove personal information from judgments at its discretion where this is possible without distorting the meaning and context of the document.
B3. It is hereby expressly stated that LesLII performs automated monitoring and, where necessary, de-identification of judgments prior to publication and does not guarantee that all sensitive material has been correctly de-identified.
Should you have concerns over personal information published on the LesLII website, please contact us .
B4. LesLII users should note that there are legal limitations on the use, publication and dissemination of some personal information contained in LesLII databases. It is the responsibility of LesLII users to comply with the laws of the land.
Right to amend this privacy and security statement
We reserve the right to amend this privacy and security statement at any time. All amendments to this privacy and security statement will be posted on the website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this privacy statement.
If you have any comments or suggestions in relation to this policy, please send us some mail.